Last Updated: June 6, 2018
Note from Anne Benissan, CEO and founder at EZcouple LLC: ” Imagine a store you go to. You enter through the door, check the first row and move on to the next. You grab a product, and then on second thoughts, you put it back. The sales person who has welcomed you with a greeting when you entered observes, and makes mental or written notes of your interest. If he or she knows of a product or service that might serve you well, he or she will suggest it to you. At the end of the day, the sales team might meet and analyze the popular row and the most bought product of the day. All that is done to make sure your next experience in the store will improve. Websites, honest websites, don’t work differently, they monitor your behavior on their platform via cookies and web beacons (both terms explained at the bottom of this document): no one human is actually watching you as you browse the internet, or come on EZcouple. Instead of a salesperson watching you, imagine if your steps left a trace that can be viewed later. So at the end of the day, we can tell which pages are the most visited, which triggered an interaction, etc… How else could we improve our site for you? The tracking tools we use allow us to analyze the incoming traffic is the only reliable feedback a website can get.
Most websites do not sell your data; they merely analyze it to serve you better. Whether it is EZcouple.com and its blog, or annebenissan.com, I can assure you that our only goal is to make your experience as pleasant as possible. At no point, we want to trick you.“
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please send us a message using the contact us form.
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact with, a specific living person. Sensitive Data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of Sensitive Data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through a website, mobile application or other online services. When you provide personal information, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world, where Amazon Web Services has physical server location.
- The information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, email address, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). Note that we do not store any credit cards details and send them immediately encrypted to a third party called Stripe or Paypal that professionally stores sensitive financial data. We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and your relationship type.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name and email address. If you use our website or application to send others (partner, friends, relatives, etc.) an invitation to provide ideas on your account, we may store your personal information and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our site or application. This is helping us understand how to serve you better.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our website or application. This information could include your IP address, device ID, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (See “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and use of cookie data. When you visit our website or application, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons, pixel tags, local storage and other technologies that facilitate personalization to track your use of our site. We also may use these technologies in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
In all circumstances, we use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our website, mobile applications or other online services from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings.
With whom we share your information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We may share personal information with:
- Service providers. We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our website or application functionality and other features offered through our site. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners. When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant’s offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information
We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our site and on websites or applications of third parties and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share your geolocation information in de-identified form with third parties for the above purposes. To opt out of the sharing of your geolocation information, please contact us.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party mobile application ad tracking and analytics, please visit here.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect but we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT and a common approach to responding to DNT.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account and clicking on your account settings and sending us a message via the chat system.
Applicable privacy laws allow you the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in your personal information that is in our custody or under our control. We will assist you with the access request. This includes:
- Identification of personal information under our custody or control; and
- Information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by all applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization to which it was disclosed. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold. For security purposes, not all personal information is accessible and amendable by us. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our site because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; ask a question, or initiate other transactions.
- When you register on our site, you consent to receive email messages from us. You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future via the unsubscribe link within each email. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you transactional and relationship emails, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, that are necessary for us to provide our services. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- Our applications may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications in your device’s settings in your EZcouple.com account under “Account Settings”.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. Your browser offers the possibility to decline cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We rely on the very safe infrastructure AWS provides. Our security system, AWS Web Application Firewall, AWS GuardDuty. Encryption in transit and encryption at rest, is constantly updated to provide maximum protection. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we constantly take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care of how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided.
The information you provide about yourself while using our service
We provide areas on our site where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others or upload content such as photographs. Such postings are governed by our Terms of Services. For example, if you post your email address on a comment on a post, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post on our blog public pages, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Onward transfer and consent to the international processing
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by EZcouple.com from your region to countries which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Union, the United Kingdom and the United States. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our website do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content, and advertising.
Opting-Out of Advertising Cookies.
You may opt out of our data collection for use by third party ad companies to provide targeted EZcouple.com advertising to you when you visit other sites. Cookies are unique to each computer. Therefore, you must opt out separately on all computers you use. If you delete all of your cookies (specifically, the “Opt-Out” cookie), you will have to go through the opt-out process again to reactivate your opted-out status.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.